Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Zucchini pasta sauce

As I searched for a new way to make my pasta sauce without all the added extra sugar and junk, I stopped by my favorite site, Paleo Cupboard, although they have an awesome recipe, it is written for a slow cooker.  My family stays hungry and my work day is not long enough for a me to do this in a slow cooker so~  I improvised...



Up there... That's my pasta sauce...

quick and easy to make and enjoy~ Lot's of flavor and full of meaty goodness.
I usually add it to a bowl of jasmine rice but you can also toss it over a bit of pasta or eat it as a meal (or snack!)

Ingredients:- 1 pd. ground beef
- 1 Tbsp. bacon fat
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
-1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp.sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried ground thyme
- Dash red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey


Directions:1. Prepare vegetables. 
2. Melt bacon fat in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped onion and garlic and saute for about 3 minutes. Add ground beef and brown . Drain any excess fat.
3.  Add remaining ingredients to your pan and stir to combine.
4. Cook the sauce on low heat for 30-45 minutes.  Remove from heat, add chopped zucchini and enjoy!! 


No comments: