Monday, February 16, 2015

Fish Tacos!!

I made fish tacos and...
They were freaking yummy!!


I did not use a sauce for my tacos (only fresh tomatoes and lime juice)

- 4-5 tilapia fillets
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 onion (I used red) thinly sliced 
- Olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper 
- corn tortillas 
- jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tomatoe (cubed- is that what you do to tomatoes??)
- Sliced lime wedges 
- Sliced avocado wedges

• Sauté onions, jalapeño, bell peppers and set aside.

• Sprinkle fish evenly with black pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with olive oil, add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side (fish should flake easily when tested with a fork).

• Warm tortillas, divide fish, add sautéd vegetables, and jalapeño slices evenly among tortillas. Serve with lime & avocado wedges.

If you would like to use a sauce I recommend using one that goes well with fish tacos.

 I am not sure of the amounts for one that can be used (below) but you do want to make sure your sour cream has a creamy- almost pourable consistency! Spices can be added to suit your taste:

 Sour cream, lime, cilantro, cumin, coriander, salt, & cheyenne pepper..

As said before, I did not use a sauce  so...

No comments: