Thursday, September 11, 2014

Mustard glazed chicken

So...

Who wants some???

Once again it's time for dinner, I'm feeling a bit lazy so I'm taking the easy way out- my fave (yet tasty) go to! 

Mustard glazed chicken thighs....

Super easy to fix, cheap (depending on the type of chicken you buy),  and not all that bad for you!

Estimated cost for free range chicken about $11.15 for 1.5lb
Or you can just go with chicken thighs in your brand of choice est. cost of about 4.50 1.b (I think...)

all the other ingredients I have stocked in my kitchen because I use them often...

This recipe comes from my Pratical Paleo book (nope~ it's not my recipe) and as said before...
it's freakin' yummy!



Ingredients:

1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
2 tbsp gluten-free mustard
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp dried sage
pepper to taste
12 (or less) bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs

Directions:

preheat oven to 425 degrees
mix melted butter, mustard, pepper sage, and salt.
place the chicken thighs on a baking dish and brush mustard mixture evenly over each one.

bake for about 40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 165 degrees F.

and because I am a lover of asparagus.....


I sauteed mine for about 4 minutes in 1 tbsp of kerigold butter and seasoned with garlic powder, pepper, sea salt, and onion powder.  This is a meal all it's own!!

dinner.....

done...

1 comment:

Diane Graham said...

You're amazing. I wish I had dinner with you tonight.