Friday, February 6, 2015

Easy Curry Chicken

Now here's a quick one to enjoy!

just in case you did not know~  I try to make all of my recipe's easy!  for this one, the only real time comes from the prep (I think all meals do!).

I like to top this dish over a bed of jasmine rice but you can pair it with whatever you feel!
This recipe comes from Bri over at Our Savory Life which is a Paleo web site.  Although we do many things Paleo I must remind you we are NOT 100%!! (hence the jasmine rice I use vice the Paleo rice!!) I have also omitted a few ingredients to work for me and my taste buds~



Ingrediants:

1/2 stick of unsalted butter
1 medium onion (finely chopped)
2 large garlic cloves (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. finely minced peeled fresh ginger
3 tablespoons curry powder (I ALWAYS double this!!)
1 tsp salt
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper (add more/less for spiciness)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
1 cup of fresh diced tomatoes (or 1 14.5-oz can of tomatoes)
3/4 cup of full fat canned, coconut cream
handful of fresh chopped cilantro.

Directions:

-Heat butter in a large saute pan over moderately low heat until it is melted and slightly bubbling.

-Add onions, garlic, and ginger, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
-Add curry powder, salt, cumin, and cayenne and cook, fully coating the onion mixture with the spices.
-Add chicken and cook, stirring to coat, 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes, including juice, and bring to a simmer. Then cover and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
-After 20 minutes uncover and add the full fat, canned coconut milk (the cream skimmed from the top). Stir and cover for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
OPTIONAL: Note:  I usually add about a tbsp. of arrowroot to my pot to thicken the sauce a touch
-Pour over rice and enjoy!!
  

No comments: