Sunday, August 24, 2014

This quest for this thing called a healthy lifestyle

We have all seen it, post of healthy eats, articles and blogs of what you SHOULD do or should NOT eat...

Pictures upon pictures of good food, healthy food, food.... (I know, I'm instafood guilty!)  But did you know most of what you read is true??? (yep, I'm giggling)

but I will admit, in my quest of a more healthy lifestyle there are a few things that have happened since I started doing this (below) on a regular basis...



1.  this stuff is freaking good.... period
2.  taking the time to prepare my (and his) lunch for the WHOLE week has done a few things.  

To include:
> less time wasted deciding what to eat...
> DRIVING to pick up my lunch 
> getting a crappy lunch equals an average of.... $14.00 a day 

"Limited edition, let's do some simple addition Fifty dollars for a T-shirt - that's just some ignorant b!tch (shįt)....., 

oh.... sorry... I got off subject but let us add that up....

take-out + gas... yes, (I included gas!) equals what... 

$70 a week, 
$280 a month,      
$3,360 a year

At least that is what I was spending daily for lunch, mainly because anything close cost extra ESPECIALLY when you are trying to eat a "healthy" lunch during your work day.  

THAT IS THE COST OF TWO... YES TWO tickets to Italy next year!! (Or new windows... Or doors..) no matter.... I guess what it am trying to say is. If you take about 30 minutes of your EARLY Sunday morning before your day really gets started, you can put together a whole weeks worth of lunch (grilled chicken, fresh veggies) for $37.23- that's from my last grocery bill for our weekly lunches- 5 days for 2 people!! Organic fruits and veggies! (Well... From the farmers market about 10 minutes before they close... So I cheat a little but~ It's locally grown and organic!) ok~ I'm off my make-your-own-lunch pedestal. 


Give 30 minutes of your time and let me know how it worked for you!

L8R

No comments: