Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Easy Fried Rice

Because I like rice....

I looked everywhere for a easy way to make that awesome fried rice I normally enjoy at the Japanese steak house over in Harbour View.

that down there....
that's my fried rice....
and
EVERYbody likes it!

How did you make it you ask?  just like this~


on my quest of healthy eating (after adding jasmine rice BACK to my lifestyle) I stumbled across this easy fried rice recipe compliments of The Recipe Critic.  I do make some small changes to make it work for the family, yet found that although sesame oil is a no-no, the rice will not taste the same if you use anything other than sesame (more experimenting will happen but for now...)

EASY Fried Rice:

 Ingredients        :
*3 cups of cooked rice
*2 TBS sesame oil (I like to use the spicy sesame oil)
*1 small white onion (chopped)
*1 cup of frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
*2-3 TBSP of soy sauce (You can substituted coconut amino's for less sodium!)
*2 slightly beaten eggs (I use 3)
2 TBSP chopped green onions (optional)

Directions:
*Preheat a large wok (or skillet) to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom and add white onion, peas, and carrots and fry until tender.
*Slide the veggie mixture to the side of the pan and then pour the beaten eggs onto the other side of the pan- scramble eggs with a spatula, once scrambled mix with veggies.
*add rice to the veggie and egg mixture.  Pour in the soy sauce and stir/fry the rice and veggie mixture until heated through and combined.  Add chopped green onions if desire

Now enjoy your easy fried rice!  Prep time took longer than cook time (imagine that..) but it should be worth the time for something this good!

No comments: