Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Chicken with Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce


So, I found this recipe online and cooked it several times but, what I found was I like the recipe but, I was not in love with it (well kinda) so~ I tweaked it to work for me (meaning instead of pureeing the sun dried tomatoes I keep them whole... something about the taste...)

There is also something about having your family members taste your dish and let you know how great it taste!  so I want to share (the picture)  I'm also going to try to share the "recipe" or should I say the way I cooked it to work for me.  It may resemble someone else's recipe out there (but probably not) but I want to share what I did to make it tasty for the fam.

and it looks good too...


4 Chicken Breast (cut in 1" cubes)
2 jars of julienne sun dried in olive oil (drain/reserve oil)
1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
1/2 tsp fresh thyme
1/2 tsp cumin
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1/4 tsp salt

add 3 tbsp of reserved oil to pan on med-high heat.
add chicken and seasonings, cook for at least 3 minutes each side
add coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through

top over a bed of rice and enjoy.

I know this isn't a great run down of a recipe "per se" but at the end of the cook cycle~ I turned out a yummy freaking dish!!  (at the least the family thinks so!!)

No comments: