Thursday, December 9, 2010

Hostess yum-yums

so... on a quick trip to the grocery store I stumbled across an end cap by the cashier filled with Hostess cakes.  I have all the items I need and spot some twinkies on the bottom shelf... I'm thinking to myself, "I haven't had a twinkie in years, I wonder if it's as yummy as I remember them to be???" There is an older woman standing in front of the cakes, she's doesn't seem to be looking at anything in particular, just standing..
I wait patiently...
(one extra person gets in line ahead of me)
and wait some more...
get a phone call from 5 y/o asking for me to bring candy...
(great... 3 more people jump in line ahead of me)
wait some more and then...
Finally...
I say "excuse me, can I get something off of the shelf please?" the older woman moves over, I pick up the twinkies and get back in line... The older woman gets in line behind me and says...
"Are those twinkies?"
          "yes ma'am"
"Those were the last ones huh..."
          "yes ma'am"
"I really love those, do you think they have anymore?"
         "I'm not sure, the cashier can probably tell you.  This is the first time I've ever seen the Hostess sold individually in here"
"I sure do love those (sighs loudly) I sure hate that was the last one (sighs again)"

Is this where I am suppose to be the nice person and hand over the last pack of twinkies?  I think I would have if I had not waited almost 5 minutes for her to make a decision to what she wanted off the hostess rack... I thought about giving them up for a brief second, she looked pretty crushed, especially when the cashier told here that was the only end cap with the hostess but she can buy a full box on isle 3.. BUT IT WAS THE LAST PACK OF TWINKIES!!! and I felt really bad as I paid for them, walked to my car, opened them up and ate them on the way to the house~ she didn't appear to even be looking at them!  I guess I could have split them with her... although she may not have been to cool with that... great, now I'm feeling bad over buying the last pack of twinkies...

No comments: