Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm thankful for

having the opportunity to hear my kids screaming and running around the hous vice the complaints from 20 something y/o's who feel the world should revolve around them despite the fact they have a job that provides them a place to stay, hot food on the table, medical, and a steady paycheck.

I'm thankful for the house that is always in need of some upgrading, repair, or decorating vise my prior living conditions that consisted of a bed called a "coffin rack" and a space shared with over 100 other females who showered IF they wanted to and argued for reasons unkown...

I'm thankful for the husband who has been super patient with the fact that I have had to spend an average of 3 years and several uncounted months deployed or just "at sea" while taking on the role of mom, dad, friend, advisor, head of household, etc... who is just as patient now that I have no job....

I'm thankful for the friends who I have lost touch with over my last 20 years away from my hometown yet, we have all reconnected and had the opportunity to see each other again after such a long period of time.  I'm thankful for the new friends I have made over the last 20 years who remind me of the good times, sad times, times we had no cares in the world...

I'm thankful for my health, my sister who I have grown closer to in the last 10 years, my closest friends Quanique, Kimy, Sam who live miles away but manage to maintain close ties to me, my close friends Chelle and Carolyn who live right down the road from me but we never see each other (haha) no matter, we text & call just to say I was thinking about you...

I'm just thankful to be home, knowing I never have to leave my family in the middle of the night to go out "to sea".... happy, smiling, thankful~

No comments: