Saturday, November 27, 2010

I did black friday....

about 7 years ago... haven't participated since.  I was on vacation in Kentucky and got a call from my cousin Kat, although I didn't need anything I told her I would go with her to help her out.  My job was to wait by a section of papered covered boxes and get what ever was under them (I'm still trying to figure out how she knew what was under that brown colored paper) It was early in the morning and the parking lot was full, we got in line, when the doors opened she stirred me to where I needed to be and said "don't move" (I didn't) while I waited for someone to come take down the brown paper, a woman with a small box walked over and said "do you need any of these? two is the limit"  I looked in the box and there were hand held Nintindo games, I didn't need any but said "I'll take two" and I got 2 black ones $78 bucks each... put them in my basket and turned back to wait for WHOEVER was suppose to meet my by the boxes.  As people scurried around me (probably wondering what the heck I was doing) I waited... OOO! a 20 pack assortment of make up brushes for 5 bucks! These will work great for secret santa at the inlaws!!! grab one back to my cart... Really??? throw blankets!  We can always use these around the house! (grab 4 in different colors) back to the basket... Finally!  some one is at the brown paper covered area, I asked "hey, can I get what ever is under here so I can go home?" she says "Kat's cousin huh~" I reply "yea"  she rips off the paper and there are huge battery operated trucks I don't even know the price of them, I think the biggest question is where the heck is she going to put it? we came here in a car! a guy comes over and helps me lay it ON TOP of my basket.... my cousin Kat shows up with a basket full of items and I'm still wondering where she plans to put all of this stuff, the store is crowded, I'm agitated because people are bumping into me and not saying excuse me, one person complains that I am in her way even though she sees me standing behind a line of people, I'm over it, need a cup of coffee, and I am still wondering where the heck all this stuff is going to go...  We pay, her mom shows up for the big stuff, she drops me off at my moms house, I crawl back into bed with hubby.... He asked "how was it?" I tell him "never again"

7 years later, I wake up on black friday, roll over and ask hubby "you want to go shopping?"  he looks me in the eye and asks "are you on crack?"

(pic courtesy of Gear Diary)

No comments: