Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's about 5 pm in my part of the world....

It's taken about 30 minutes but I finally got my 5 y/o dressed and ready for his baseball game, as I rush him out the door and into the car I see my next door neighbor heading out the door with her kid trailing close behind in a karate outfit and dragging his yellow belt behind him, we wave and hop in our cars for the next shift of our day. As I drive through the neighborhood I see other moms like my neighbor and I except they are scooting ballerinas and soccer players out of the door. Although I'm not a working mom at this time I have found taking care of a house and an active 5 y/o to be challenging, tiring, and a bit mind boggling. I can't imagine having a job, rushing through tunnels, traffic, and crazy drivers hoping to make it home in time to dress a restless kid in hopes of making the 5:30 game on time. I never realized the number if moms who do what's necessary to keep their kids active and happy... Way to go Moms! The last shift is right after the game!

No comments: