Monday, September 27, 2010

Mediterranean Stuffed Swordfish

You guys KNOW I like to experiment in the kitchen so this blog should come as no surprise... I CAN'T HELP IT!!!  when ever I try something new- I want to talk about it! I just like to share... gets old sharing with 5 y/o, 15 y/o, & hubby... they just say "un-hn" and keep watching t.v.. or texting.. or whatever is important at the time... so I write... SOMEone might read it.. sorry... got off track for a minute there...

Well, today I had the taste for fish, I wanted steelhead trout, hubby suggested swordfish.  We both started searching for a recipe.  He found the Mediterranean stuffed Swordfish submitted by Valerie on one of the many recipe dot come sites available for the world to use...

I brushed the fish with a lemon and olive oil mixture and seasoned it with salt and pepper.  It smelled a bit fishier than I am use to, so I used some lemon on my fingers too... and washed them... again & again, and eventually put on some disposable gloves for the remainder of the preparations...


seasoned and oiled.


Then I cut a slit in one side of the fish so that I could make a pocket.....


To be stuffed with this yummy spinach and feta mixture (don't forget the fresh minced garlic!)
I sauted the spinach and garlic in olive oil JUST until the spinach began to wilt, then removed it from the heat and added the feta... (this tasted good all on its own)
note to self: side dish...


While hubby heated the grill, I stuffed the mixture in the pocket I cut in the swordfish steaks.


It didn't look to yummy after it was stuffed...


But after grilling for about 8-10 minutes it tasted pretty decent next to my bed of garlic and sour cream mash potatoes.... without bread... because we are cutting back on bread... i love bread... ummm simple focaccia..

1 comment:

Beater Licker said...

I SO can't wait to try this out!!!!