Monday, September 6, 2010

Hot sauce madness!

I helped hubby make hot sauce today using the peppers from our garden. The process was alot more simple than I thought! I was a bit concerned about making it, you know... because of the whole canning incorrectly thing but, he explained we were not canning (or giving it away) so I helped him out...


we started out with about 20 jalepenos (he wanted to add 2 habenero peppers.. I didn't complain~ I'm not eating it anyway) I chopped about a half a cup of onion and 6 cloves of garlic.



He chopped up the peppers,




Then he sauteed the garlic, peppers, and onion in about a tblsp of olive oil for 5 minutes and let it cool to room temperature,



 He added the mixture to a food processor and pureed it until it was smooth (although it looked pretty creamy to me...). With the processor running he slowly added the vinegar. 


We poured it in sterilized jars and tucked it in the fridge. It will be ready in two weeks...



The book says it'll keep for up to 6 months if stored in the fridge... fun task to do together

No comments: