Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ribbons and flowers




In an effort to make my gift baskets more personal (and mine) I have taken on learning alot of nifty little tricks that not only save me money, but also help me find exactly what I'm looking for when it comes to a bow or flower (meaning, if the design I want isn't available but the ribbon has the style of print I need... I can now buy the ribbon and make my own bow!) although I have yet to use any out of the ordinary prints...




some of the bows I like to add to my baskets that either lay flat or ones that will not have a bow on the packaging. (above)








ribbons, ribbons, ribbons turned to lovely giant bows! (above)




and my all time favorite... flowers! full flowers work best with wide ribbon...

________________________________________

I stumbled across a site (http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/) that was full of wonderful crafts, the ones I loved most were the flowers, so as you can see... I've been practicing~ not even close to the ones presented on the site but I know with practice~ it will be like second nature when it's time to make them work in my baskets...






I'm super excited working my crafts and building skills that may help me in my quest for beautiful "homemade" baskets.

1 comment:

laurel said...

I think your flowers are great. Very cute!