Friday, June 4, 2010

Another quick and easy recipe I wanted to share!

while I wait for the "call" to job happiness, I continue to cook and try to perfect my current Stay at Home Mom position (still a hard job and I still suck at it...) but I am trying! 

Cooking has been the easiest part but I wanted to share a quick and easy recipe I tried if you are ever in a rush for dinner.  It comes from Jasen Guillermo in Tucson, Arizona...

(picture of my dish!)

2-2/3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta*
1 lb smoked sausage cut into 1/4 inch slices*
1-1/2 cups sliced ffresh carrots
1 cup coarsely chopped green pepper
1 small onion, halved and sliced
1 tbsp canola oil*
1can or 2-1/4 oz sliced ripe olives (drained)
1/2 cup italian salad dressing*

1.  cook pasta accordin to package directions.  Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the sausage, carrots, green pepper and onion in oil until vegetables are tender.

2.  Drain pasta; place in a large bowl.  Add sausage mixture and olives.  Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat.  serve warm or chilled.


*I used a vegetable (tomato/beet/spinish) tricolored pasta, smoked chicken sausage, olive oil, and a lite dressing to keep the dish lite and from becoming to oily and served it with a yummy foccocia bread.  Family said it was super good and to save it in my recipe file (to never be cooked again...)

No comments: