Monday, April 12, 2010

April is...


So... 4 y/o and I went to Barnes and Nobles to get new books to read to him before bed, while he picked up every book on the shelf (and tried to convince me he needed every single one) I noticed this sign:

so I decided to write my own poem... the inspiration came from watching 4 y/o catch butterflies with the butterfly net he HAD to have and his question of "can I eat it? what does it taste like?" to which I answer... "I don't know, I do not eat butterflies, please do not eat the butterflies":
....
please do not eat the butterflies
please do not eat the butterflies
they wll powder your tongue
and tickle your belly
please do not eat the butterflies
they will turn your nose yellow
they will yell for their mom
please do not eat the butterflies
"why" you ask
"because it is not nice"
please do not eat the butterflies
"why?"
"just because"
please do not eat the butterflies
please do not eat the butterflies
....

HEY!! I never said I was a poet! Landon thinks my poem is funny when I say it to him (which is everytime he asks if he can eat the butterflies..)

Now he is trying to convince me they have to be flushed down the toilet... so, I may have to come back and revise~


No comments: