Monday, February 1, 2010

Lady GaGa

I normally don't watch music award shows, or any other show that contains an award being given away for what ever reason but, Both televisions were dominated by the men in the house.  Landon watched repeat episodes of Tom and Jerry while the guys watched the Grammy's. 

Not interested, I decided to clean the kitchen and work on my resume.  I normally enjoy the sounds of Nora Jones, Corinne bailey Rae, Nina Simone, Erykah Badu, Four non Blondes, Stone Temple Pilots... you get the picture... A few years ago I stumbled across Pink~ her grammy performance blew me away!   Aerials and vocals.. who would have guessed, lip sync? I think not, I think it she is just that talented!
(rueters photo from mailonline)

Okay, I've gotten off track, although Pink was one of the BEST performances I have ever seen (from the highlights of any award show).  Lady Ga Ga has become of favorite of mine.  4 y/o always sings her song Paparrazi, he says it is his favorite song so I'm not allowed to dance, sing, OR hum any note or part of the song. 
Any who, I saw Gaga on the news about 3 weeks ago, she was being named creative director for polaroid films, my first thought what "why?" is this what she went to college for?  After a bit of reading I did find that, she attended New York University's Tisch School of the Arts where she studied music and improved her songwriting skills by composing essays and analytical papers focusing on topics such as art, religion and socio-political order~ wooooowwww!  I thought she was building resume in music... At any rate, the 23 year old New Yorker won the dance recording prize for "Poker Face" and electronic/dance album prize for The Fame and has been called "The ultimate costumer"  This is shown from the series of pictures found from the many online magazines and entertainment sites.  If I were a photographer~ I would definately want her in my portfolio!
"I am honored to be wearing Armani this evening," she said in a statement to Us. "The series of pieces Mr. Armani created for me are truly iconic; they represent not only beautiful fashion, but my spirit and essence as an artist. Mr. Armani is a fashion legend, and tonight would not have been the same without his touch, and his wonderful team."

 


















Photos by Neilson Barnard/Getty Images; Duvall/FilmMagic; Jake Thompson; Rueters; and many more...

1 comment: