Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sweet smells...

make me smile.  Several months ago I was reading a magazine that had one of those inserts with the perfume samples in it for you to smell.. you know what I'm talking about?  that strip of smell good on the paper... I have seen the guys in my old shop rub the paper on their necks and uniforms and then ask people how they smelled... (crazy navy days~)

There was one smell in particular I could not get out of my head... the next day I went to the mall I purchased it, wore it for about 2 weeks and later stored it in my medicine cabinet with a few other favorites that have drawn me to the perfume counter in search of "the one" fragrance that stopped me in my tracks or made me smile.  Funny thing, "The ONE" by Dolce and Gabbana just happens to be the fragrance I HAD to have several months ago.  As I cleaned my medicine cabinet out today, guess who I was reunited with...

"THE ONE"
I also found the one perfume that I do not believe to many other people on earth have... there isn't anything beautiful or special about the label OR the bottle.  It appears to be a generic bottle, with a generic label, of some generic perfume... but it's price tag will make some ask "are you serious"  It's simply labeled "CLEAN"

and that is probably the best way to describe the smell.  not sweet, not overpowering, just "CLEAN" like you just stepped out of the shower.  Some have asked "what do you have on?" when I say a perfume called "Clean" they give me the 'are you serious' look.. I smile and keep moving.


How about this classic, Chance by Chanel~ can you tell how much I like this bottle of perfume?  it's almost empty.  Good thing about Chanel, the fragrances that outlast other brands are always easy to find when you need more.  Another "magazine" catcher for me was Donna Karan's Cashmere Mist,

The bottle alone reminds me of an ice sculpture, the smell has gotten many pleasing "you smell nice" compliments from the masses.  Does anyone remember Chloe Narcisse?  I do.. It was one of the many bottles tucked on the back shelf behind bath products and makeup must haves.

There are a few other bottles that have been purchased such as, Eternity's Moment, Escape, Calvin Klein's CK1 and Obsession, unfortunately, they are not worn to often simply because hubby's nose doesn't favor them to well... happens.  But the craziest thing about all the body sprays, gels, & perfumes that I own is, my favorites happen to cost less than 5 bucks and were purchased in oil form.  While visiting the Kingdom of Bahrain, I purchased several small 4 oz vials of pure vanilla and lilac oil from J & S Saleh Yadgar, nothing more to them, just a small bottle of oil... just two fragrances that I loved more than any high priced bottle of perfume I had ever purchased.  When I smell them they remind me of the good times I had while visiting the many places overseas with my Navy co-workers.
Who would have thought that the most intoxicating smells would come from such a small bottle~ with and even smaller cost...

2 comments:

perfumeanna said...

I also pass the high dollar perfumes by and reach for the trusty oil that lasts all day long.

A Heron's View said...

What a shame you cannot share the aroma over the net! Now wouldn't that make life interesting :-) ?