Monday, January 4, 2010

Quiet time

Haven't had much of that over the last week, but it's okay.  I have finally found the time to sit down without hearing "mommy can I" or "mommy tell him to..".  I don't know what was going on with those two today but they were wide awake and refusing to go to bed for the night.  Now that the holidays are over and school is back in session it is time for us to fall back into our routine, it started off a bit slow this morning with 15 y/o pushing snooze non stop until I got up and walked into his room to yell "get out of that bed already!"  sounded like he growled at me, and then he told me (not asked..) "it's 20 degress out this morning, I'm going to need a ride to school"  soooo, it's official, i am now a taxi even though the school is less than a mile away.. I tell him to ask nicely (he says please) and 4 y/o and I brave the 20 degree weather for our 3 minute trip to and from the high school...

4 y/o and I dressed, had out usual oatmeal, toast, and orange juice while watching Tom and Jerry on Boomerang.  No matter how many times that kid sees the same episode, he always seems to notice something he has missed the previous 1000 times he has watched it.  For my 5 free hours without 15 & 4 y/o, I do my grocery shopping, wash dishes, talk to hubby, buy all of the items needed for a chicken cesear salad, put away all of my groceries, and head back down the road to pick up 15 & 4 y/o.  Neither is up for me cooking dinner (I don't complain) so we have tuna and milk, watch tv (well, THEY watched t.v)  The television in their t.v. room hasn't worked for over 3 months, I couldn't figure out if there was a problem with the age of the t.v. now that everyone has gone digital... As I was taking down the Christmas tree (what?  you know yours is still up to!) I started to realize that both the tv in my room AND the family room were on... the same channel!  So I made up my mind that I would get their tv working before I headed to bed tonight.  After boxing up the tree, ornaments, and all the extra decorations I rearranged the furninture in the boys tv room, found a splitter, hooked everything up and waited for something to happen~  what do you know! the nifty little box verizon sent me ( a month ago) is searching and updating. YEA!! the television in the boys tv room is officially back online!  Now all i have to do is sweep the floors that are covered in dust bunnies the size of a small cat! Well, I might as well sweep the hallway too... the boys aren't sleeping yet, might as well sweep through both of their rooms, you know what~ I'll do my room too... I love how easy it is to sweep wood floors.  NOW, I am done cleaning house... wait a minute~ was I cleaning house or taking down a tree??? I'm officially sleep and want to lay down.

Gotta love quiet time...

No comments: