Saturday, January 2, 2010

a new day



As always, my day starts off with oatmeal, orange juice, and toast with 4 y/o.  Sam was already up and moving when I finally rolled out of bed.  She was dressing her boys and packing bags for their trip back to New York, I have really enjoyed this visit with Sam, Julian, and Jacob.  4 y/o and 15 y/o enjoyed the visit as well.  After they departed I cleaned house, did laundry, and called to see how hubby was doing in sunny PR.  I could tell by the sound of his voice he was worn and tired, the temperature has been around 90 since he arrived, the current resident does not have hot water until water after 2 p.m. (solar powered) so he has started each day with a cold shower followed by the long day with out a/c.

The boys and I dress right around 1:30 stepped outside just in time to enjoy 32 degree weather (with winds) and lots of sun.  We took a ride over to Wal-Mart, although I'd rather take these trips at the wee hours of the morning when everyone is sleeping I dressed and took 15 y/o out since he had asked if I would buy him card protectors over a week ago... I also needed orange juice, milk, and bread so I bravely went out into the cold.  I tell 15 y/o we will meet at register one in 30 minutes, 45 minutes (and 82 dollars later) we walk out of the store with our much needed staples, cookies to bake, new cookie sheet to cook them on, a book for me, a book for 4 y/o, and work out clothes for my new love, Zumba.  We come home and settle on the couch, 15 y/o on the computer.  4 y/o brings over he new book we purchased at Wal-mart and asks me to read it... 5 times, it's short, I like it, so I don't mind.  He convinces 15 y/o to read it to him again and then runs off to my bedroom to watch Boomerang.  I call hubby, he sounds higher in spirits, him and the groom are on their way to a hotel for the night (before the wedding), the only thing he has on his mind is a hot shower and being able to lay down at a decent time without being waken in the early hours of the morning because the neighbors are playing loud music, or family members have waken early for morning conversation.  I tell him I miss him, he says he's ready to come home and realizes how spoiled we are for simple things that many do without.  He explains how being with his best friend's family gives one a real appreciation for family, the sacrifices family will make to stay together... BE close together, each day is a special day and spent as if it will be the last.  After talking to hubby, I scan the guide on my t.v. to see what's on, flip to The Fifth Element (I love this movie so much, the blue Diva is the best!), watch a little design intern, look at some Yu-Gi-Oh trading cards with 15 y/o even though I don't understand a word he is explaining~ he seems happy to talk about it and is glad I took him for the quick trip to Wal-mart to buy card protectors for them..


It's time for me to call it a night, tomorrow is a new day scheduled with time home and a 4p.m. appointment at chucky cheese with some of the women who I worked with at the tax center while we were ALL pregnant... It will be exciting to see these ladies again to catch up and see how much each of our 4 y/o's have changed over the last 4 years.  I'm excited!

No comments: