Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Mini peanut butter cupcakes

Looking at this months stacks of magazines to read, I came across the Food Network magazine.  As I thumbed through the pages getting hungrier by the minute (but not getting off the couch to satisfy my hunger) I came across the fun cooking section titled "I Want Candy" (me too!) Although all of the cupcakes (modeled after candy bars) look yummy, I decided to make the peanut butter cupcake that "tastes just like a reese's" ummmm :-)

I searched my cabinets and found I had all the ingrediants with the exception of buttermilk, heavy cream, cocoa, peanut butter chips, and chocolate chips~ now that I think about it, that's pretty much the whole recipe...  I guess I didn't have a thing on hand afterall!

I gathered my ingrediants and got to work.  I put together a few pictures to tell my "I baked" story.










In the end, my cupcakes really DID taste like a Reece's!
I didn't want to waste the remaining peanut butter topping so I piped the peanut butter in small cups and TRIED to drizzle chocolate on top of them for a quick snack right out of the fridge... Pouring proved to be much easier!  The whole family gave me a thumbs up... I pack a few for the family, and told hubby to take the rest to work for his co-workers to enjoy with morning coffee. If you want the recipe~ Just let me know!


I smile~

No comments: