Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I've been busy...

working on my kitchen.  Hubby arrived home early Monday, the original plan was for us to go to see a movie, but he wasn't feel well... We sat for about 30 minutes and then piled into the car for a ride to Marva... the granite warehouse...  We walked the warehouse for about 30 minutes (or more).  we came out with 2 slabs of granite that we both agreed was nice on the eyes (and the pocket).



Tuesday morning, a nice guy from Richmond Granite stopped by the house, took several measurements, gave a brief description of what needed to be done for their return 7 days later.... 7 days later??? whoa~

Wednesday I took a trip to Lowe's loaded my cart with over $200 of paint, supplies, swatches, and a bottle of gaterade. (got a 10% discount...) I unloaded the items in the garage, changed clothes, pulled out my sander and got to work sanding down the old worn cabinets that will NOT be replaced (the bones are great!) Dusty and tired, I washed down all of the dust & dirt, filled any holes and dings as needed, and added a tinted primer for my new color cabinets.  Two hours later I started painting, two coats later, I stepped back and looked at my "cabin plank" colored cabintes..

My vision was a beautiful dark chocolate color but it came out a rich chocolate color instead... 



isn't it weird how we associate colors with food??? I headed to Walgreens for a Milky Way Midnight...
ummm, dark chocolate at it's best...


(Picture by farm1.static.flickr.com)

1 comment:

A Heron's View said...

O well done it looks like a country kitchen!