Wednesday, January 20, 2010

finally...

it's done!  well not quite.. but close!  I have yet to find the green "granite" textured paint for touch-ups and the new section of the extended wall. As much as I don't want to... I think I may have to break down and paint the whole kitchen so that the job can be completed.  Overall I like the way it looks... I think I need to switch out the almond colored appliances for stainless, or black... I don't think hubby is going to go for that idea, especially with my not working (darn it!)



Tuesday, the guys from Richmond Granite showed up to intsall the new counter tops, unfortunately the new island will not be ready for install until the end of the month :-(  The work went fairly quick although the fumes burned my eyes and made it hard to breath!  I had to turn on every fan and open every window to keep the three of us from passing out while they worked.  Once they finished I replaced the cabinet doors and waited for Mr. Matt to show to do the plumbing for the new sink... We found quickly the faucet would not be installed as hoped.  The hole that was drilled in the counter top has a slight angle causing the faucet to sit with an 1/8 inch (or more) gap.. now some may say "who would notice?"  I did!



I think it is important for the faucet to fit flat so that spilled water does not seep around the edge onto the cabinet floors under the sink, this is a sure way to get all kinds of water damage that adds up in cost (slowly..) Today the owner of the granite shop stopped by to round out the hole for us to install the faucet correctly.  All of the water lines were attached, all I had to do was turn on the water and check for leaks... guess what i got~  a leak, not a little drip but a trickle of hot water from the newly installed end outlet (ughh!!)  I made an attempt to fix it... it got worse... I got aggitated... turned on my computer to complain on my blog...








1 comment:

Sam I am said...

The kitchen looks amazing. I love the whole thing. See this is why I have to get my own house so I can make it look nice and very stylish.