Sunday, January 17, 2010

Before I went to bed last night....


I had plans to do one thing.  Wake up and cook breakfast for hubby, he does so much for me and the kids and I hardly ever take the time to cook breakfast for him on the weekends... he normally does it for me.  I think what really made me want to do more in the mornings was talking to Yajaira, she is the epitome of the Puerto Rican woman.  She wakes at 3 every morning to ensure everything her husband will need for the day is ready and taken care of before they leave the house for work.... breakfast included. 
She is commited to taking care of her husband and the children they will have in the future, and Ray is very lucky to have found such a wonderful woman.  I admire her dedication.
Although I am commited to taking care of my family of men... I have never thought of getting up early to cook breakfast, it's every man (and 1 woman) for themselves during the week (except for 4 y/o~ he can't cook yet!) weekends are the same...   With that being said, I decided last night, (after my second glass of wine) that I wanted to do more in the mornings to ensure a more enjoyable day for my husband and the boys...
I planned to wake bright and early today to cook a yummy breakfast for hubby to enjoy when he got up.  I pulled out all the needed items and then realized i had no salsa or picante sauce for breafast tostadas so, I decided to take a quick trip to the store to get the items that I needed (and stuff for tonights dinner)  when I returned home, hubby was finishing the bacon and preparing the eggs to top the tostadas (sad face) so I chopped up the onions and got the plates... breakfast was sooo good, hubby is the best.

1 comment:

Beater Licker said...

ooooh that looks amazing!!!