Monday, October 12, 2009

Nothing to do (old post dated 5/5/08)

Funny thing (to me anyway)
I left work early today (7:00) so that I could take Cedric (my 13yr old) to his doctors appointment. His appointment is at 9:15 so I figure I'll use about an hour for some "me time". I stop to get gas, get a coffee from starbucks, and pick up a newspaper so that I can catch up on today's world

Unfortunately, I had duty the night before so when I walked into the house the first thing I notice is the kitchen is dirty and the counters are littered with clutter and mail. I'll have to clean the kitchen after work, this is my time. (Note to self: A house full of boys/men means you will always have to clean the kitchen EVEN if you have 24 hr duty the night before...)

Cedric is walking around touching and kicking stuff while sighing loudly so I ask, "What's wrong Cedric" he responds "I'm bored" I tell him to go clean his room. 5 minutes later he's back, leaning on the fridge he sighs again loud enough for me to say.
"What's wrong"

"Well, the doctor's office is right down the street. My appt isn't until 9:15 and it doesn't take long to get there"

"Okay???"

"Sooooo, what are we going to do?"
"I don't know Cedric, it's like 8 o'clock in the morning, what do you want to do, play jacks???" I ask sarcastically to which he replies;

"ummmmm, I don't think we have any jacks"

This is what happens when teenagers get bored!
DOES ANYONE EVEN PLAY JACKS ANYMORE??? I DON'T EVEN HAVE GIRLS IN MY HOUSE, WHY IN THE HELL WOULD I HAVE JACKS IN THE HOUSE????
Teenage boredom boggles me...

No comments: