Monday, October 12, 2009

I say "I'm married", he says "I know"...



As I was shopping today I was approached by a guy who used to be stationed on my ship. what started off as casual "hey, how you doing? where are you at now?" quickly turned into I always wanted to ask you out to lunch or dinner. do you think we could have lunch together one day???

I’m not sure why I immediately thought he was trying to hit on me... it could have been innocent, right??? It wasn’t~ So as a married woman I feel I should let it be known that I am married to which he responded "I know".... I was somewhat suprised at how nonchalant the response was, as if married people do this type of thing on a regular.
Is this what society has become these days? people say "it’s the military" but I have found that the barriers go past "the military" this has become the norm in society as a whole. women/men willing to "accept" that the person they are approaching have not only a wife/husband at home... but children as well. Some may say how can you put blame on one party (I don’t) I just feel that if you approach a person who says "I’m married" the proper/respectable thing to do is roll out...

Not just respect for the spouse, but RESPECT FOR YOURSELF....
If you seperate yourself from the equation there would probably be less temptation and infidelity going on in the world... hell, who am I fooling. Someone will always want what someone else has, even if they only want it for 30 minutes or more, I guess when things seem off limits or out of reach~ human nature causes us to push the envelope until we get that which is out of reach.

During a discussion a young lady explained to me why she felt men are not meant to be with one woman, it really made alot of sense and I totally respect her opinion but, I truley feel that is less complicated to just stay single and meet casually with a man from time to time especially if you KNOW he will continue to see other women...

So I would ask the public, why accept your wife/husbands infidelities when you can just move on and be with someone who is willing to be happy sharing their life with only you? (I believe those men/women are still out there) I don't feel one should settle for anything less than a woman/man who respects them (and the relationship) wholeheartedly.

There is nothing to be gained from sharing but heartache... I’ve been there~  I could go on and on about the subject of "me" but for some it would be a waste of thought and time,  I really think that people should seriously consider their morals and values the next time they feel the need to overlook the phrase "I’m married"

Can one seriously say :"it’s all about me and the married person is on MY time"?  Do they really come when YOU want them there???... can you truley only want sex with that married person with no attachments/commitments... maybe in the beginning.  unfortunately the human mind doesn't always stay on one track... feelings grow, people fall (in love), and in the end someone gets hurt...  Why bother when there are so many single men/women who are looking for "just sex"... Keep it simple, that way, if you fall, it's a discussion you two single friends with benefits can have concerning "where are we going" vice "what about your wife/husband and kids"?  You better believe that if a married person had any true intentions of leaving home, you would NOT be getting sent straight to voicemail every day after 6PM (on your time...)

Think about it... Who’s time are you really on?
Do they really come when YOU call?
How would YOU feel if the shoe was on the other foot?

I’m still in awe of how relationships and commitment have gotten to be so much like shopping for a new pair of shoes~ you know, pick and choose at will, discard when you are done, or better yet, work hard to keep them clean, in good shape, and reliable for when YOU are ready to explain to the other person that it is time for them to get rid of the ones at home... that are a constant reminder that you are only a borrower of time and sex.. not really a good fit in the shoe eqations of relationships....

No comments: