Monday, October 12, 2009

I don't understand...

 Today my 14 y/o said he did not understand why he had to do yard work. as a matter of fact he told me "Why don't you just call me 'Chore Boy'"
and I told him I would...




After working my 9 hour day I arrived home to leaf collecting items spread about the drive way, when I came into the house my 14 y/o and his friend Garret are laying in the living room taking turns throwing a ball at my 3 y/o as he ran from room to room.

When I asked what was going on with the stuff in the front and back yard he explainted that he had to rake the leaves and Garrett was helping. when i asked what was accomplished he said, I have a few piles on the side of the house but did't bag them because I didn't have leaf bags...

Okay, well go load the dishwasher~ why do I have to do that?

because the dishes are dirty..

Then I tell him to take out the trash that is overflowing~ Why do I have to do that?

Because the trash is overflowing onto the floor..

From there he was instructed to clean his room~ Why do I have to clean my room?

Because it's dirty..

Then he says "I don't understand why I have to do all these chores" to which I reply.

I don't understand why I have to work to buy you clothes, or work to pay the mortgage for the house you stroll through everyday but complain when it has to be cleaned, I don't understand why I have to work to buy your food so that you can tell me the meals that I cook are boring or suck altogether. I don't understand why I work to buy you 100+ dollar shoes to wear to school when the ones from Payless are just as good (I like them...) I don't understand why I have to work to pay for your flights to visit your friends out of the state every summer when you have friends right down the street. "I don't understand why I work 12 or more hours a day to come home and have you ask me to take you to the store to buy oreos, hershey bars, and mountain dew for your weekend veg fest. I dont understand why I am sitting here having a conversation with a 14 y/o who has not had tv/computer/play station priviledges since school started because he isn't passing... I don't understand why you can't just get a job and pay bills, buy your own clothes, pay your own rent etc.... I don't even understand what your arguent is actually about???

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

to which he replies~ "and you never will..."



Did I miss something???

No comments: