Thursday, October 15, 2009

I baked!!!


Yes!!! I BAKED!!! not from a box, completely from scratch!!! (well not completely, I bought canned pumpkin puree...)  Lonnie asked for pumpkin loaf about a week ago so I set out to find it in a package of "just add water" (or milk)  Unfortunately, I could not find it this way so I had to utilize the next best resource to making yummy desserts (quick and easy)... the internet.  What I found is there is no real "quick and easy" way to make cakes, breads, and other baked goods.  Sooo, I found a receipe that worked with my time, budget, and skill level.  Thankfully I had every ingrediant needed in my pantry... with the exception of the pumpkin.  The question is do I make it from scratch (buy the pumpkin, scoop, cook, puree...) or is there an easier way,  the recipe said I can use a can of pumkin puree... NOT PUMPKIN PIE FILLING!!!  pure pumkin puree (check)  It was pretty easy to find thanks to my local commisary. 

As i was standing in my clean kitchen last night (thanks to good information provided from SAHM Amanda) I kind of felt like baking something... I guess a clean kitchen does this to a person...  I opened up the recipe on my laptop, took out everything I needed and went to work (rinsing the dishes and putting them in the dishwasher as I went...) I took out my 3 loaf pans filled them evenly and popped them in the oven for 1 hour.  The whole house smelled of pumpkin spice, Landon came in the kitchen to let me know it smelled delicious and he couldn't wait to taste.  An hour later out came my bread, one to eat immediately (taste so awesome fresh and warm from the oven) one for the next day, and one for the ladies at my husband's work (only IF the first one we tasted was good!)  I was super excited about my bake from scratch pumpkin loaf.  It was more work than i thought but fun no less!

1 comment:

Beater Licker said...

DAAAAANG CYNT!!!!
Look at you!!!! Isn't baking ridiculously rewarding!?!?!?!
Let me know when you are feeling adventurous again- I wrote the end all/be all pumpkin roll recipe!!! (I already have about 30 Thanksgiving orders for them!!!)
p.s. I don't know if you have one, but it helps to look cute while baking- Here's my 'uniform of the day':
http://www.bunnymaxwell.com/ck-cupcake.html
Makes me feel more 'official' hahahaha:)
I'm so happy you baked!!! I bet it was DELISH:) Next weekend's wedding has two tiers of pumpkin chocolate chip cake filled with cream cheese frosting- so now you know what my house will be smelling like mmmmmm:)
p.s. again- the salon I get my hair done at happens to be 'gossip central', they talk about EVERYONE... I figured out a little trick though- if I take them baked goods, they don't talk smack about me hahaha, in fact, they send business my way!!! Guess what they say is true- you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar:)
Can't wait to see what you cook up next!