Tuesday, October 27, 2009

grocery list...


For those who don't know, I am currently trying to figure out what my next move for a career may be.. As of late, my days are spent clearing out the junk I have accumulated over the last 8 years, I drop off and pick up the kids from school and daycare, work on my resume, clean house, search the internet for quick and easy (yet delicious) recipes for the weekly menu (feel free to post some of your quick, easy, & yummy recipes), and track needed items on a shopping list I keep posted on my fridge...

Today Verizon came by to start the installation of the whole Fios thing, it will take 4 to 6 hours to run the cable outside of my house so I figured, why not make the most of this time and go out to do some grocery shopping for the week...

When most people make out their grocery list, they use either a sheet of notebook paper, scrap paper, generate a shopping list online, or use some nifty app provided through what ever phone device they have these days.  My list of choice comes from an app I found for my blackberry.  I made my master list of items I buy when we do our bi-weekly shopping trip, another small list of items that are not used daily but are a part of the weeks menu, and a third list for those items listed on the fridge that we need right now.... 

Once I get to the store, I get my cart, pull out all the coupons needed for the trip, open the list on my handy blackberry, and get to shopping.  Many of the women that shop at the same store have list of some sort; it's either written, typed, on their i-phones, blackberries, laptops.... wait a minute... did i say laptop you ask?  why yes I did!  I actually did a double take when I saw an open laptop in a shopping cart slide in the spot next to me...  My first thought is 'what's the deal with the laptop', my curious (AKA: nosey) side said 'look at it'... so i did, and on this laptop is a grocery list. 

A well organized grocery list with quantities, price comparisons, and cute little pink check off boxes! hmmm... 

Now a days, it's not unusual to take a laptop out and about with you.  I take my laptop when Landon and I go to the indoor play area at the mall, McDonald's play space, or to the park...  I take my laptop to the library when i need complete quiet from the interruptions at home... but I can't seem to recall the last time I took it to the grocer.. When I generate my shopping list on my laptop, I normally just print it off before I walked out the door.  maybe this is a new trend I am not aware of, kind of like wearing a scarf with a short sleeve shirt in the dead of summer, although trendy, it seems a bit odd...

2 comments:

Abby S said...

http://betsyandherbs.blogspot.com/2007/12/recipe-easy-provincial-bean-soup.html

This is really good if you have a Crockpot.

mikelle said...

Hi friends, thank you very much. Good evening :)